Latest Japanese Used Vehicle Stock
Send Used Vehicle Enquiry
Used Cars From Japan  |  Japanese Used Car Auctions   |  Used Car Dealers in Japan  |  Used Mini Truck Exporter
.Japanese Used Cars, Mini Trucks, Buses, Parts Exporters Directory
Login | Join Now
Japanese Used Car Exporter Directory
Japanese Manufacturers & Exporters Directory
New & Used Car, Van, 4WD, Bus, Truck, Bike, Tractor, Construction Machinery, Auto Parts and Accessories...
Display Your Vehicle!
Home Company Directory By Category Used Cars Stock Car Inquiry Add Company Contact Us  Blog  Resources
Company Search Advanced Search
Looking For Japanese Used Cars, Parts, Machinery? Click Here !!
HOME » Useful Resources » France Import Regulation
  France Import Regulation
Importing Cars and Motorcycles to France
Importing vehicles can be complicated. You will need to go through several processes before you will be able to drive your car or motorcycle in France
Clearing customs
You need to show that you are importing the vehicle for personal use and not financial gain otherwise you will be subject to higher importation taxes. This often means providing customs officials with proof that you have owned the vehicle for a certain period (normally 6 months) and making an official declaration that the vehicle is for personal use only.
Engineers Reports
Cars and motorcycles must comply with French regulations and standards, which involves a certificate and a detailed engineers report. Vehicles are also subject to a road worthiness test called a control technique (the frequency of this test will depend on the age and type of your vehicle)
If your vehicle does not meet the French regulations you are obliged to make the necessary changes to the vehicle, this can be expensive. It is well worth the time and effort contacting your vehicle manufacturer for information on the types of changes you are likely to require for French regulations, they should be able to give you the details, especially if they manufacture for the French market.
Once you have succesfully passed customs and enginerring regulations you will need to register your vehicle in France. This can only be achieved once you have a resident's permit or carte de sejour.
Registration is carried out at the Prefecture de Police for your department and the document you will receive is called a 'carte grise'. Once you have your carte grise you are required to attach French registration plates within a 48hour period.
The whole process may take several months as much depends on the speed of your resident's permit application. Consider the options of leasing or buying cars and motorcycles before deciding to import your vehicle.
« Back: Useful Resources Top
Agricultural Machinery | Amusement & Games | Auto Spare Parts | Automotive Garage Equipment | Bicycle | Cable | Construction Machinery | Material Handling Equipment | Motorcycle Parts | New or Used Vehicle | Ships & Boats | Tractor Parts & Accessories | Used Bearings | Used Engine Parts | Used Machinery | Used Tyres & Tubes
  Privacy Policy | Terms | Disclaimer | Feedback | Useful Links Copyright © Japan Auto Pages Powered By Eximweb