Latest Japanese Used Vehicle Stock
Send Used Vehicle Enquiry
Used Cars From Japan  |  Japanese Used Car Auctions   |  Used Car Dealers in Japan  |  Used Mini Truck Exporter
.Japanese Used Cars, Mini Trucks, Buses, Parts Exporters Directory
Login | Join Now
Japanese Used Car Exporter Directory
Japanese Manufacturers & Exporters Directory
New & Used Car, Van, 4WD, Bus, Truck, Bike, Tractor, Construction Machinery, Auto Parts and Accessories...
Display Your Vehicle!
Home Company Directory By Category Used Cars Stock Car Inquiry Add Company Contact Us  Blog  Resources
Company Search Advanced Search
Looking For Japanese Used Cars, Parts, Machinery? Click Here !!
HOME » Useful Resources » Great Britain Import Regulation
  Great Britain Import Regulation
Importing a Motor Vehicle Into Great Britain
How to import your vehicle permanently into Great Britain
Vehicles with a valid CoC can be imported by individuals and businesses without restriction; it is not necessary to demonstrate compliance with the personal import criteria
If your vehicle is more than 3 years old, it must also pass the normal "MoT" roadworthiness test before it can be licensed and registered.
If your passenger car was built before 1996, or you have a light goods vehicle, it will probably conform to a NTA. Strictly, this is valid only in the EU State in which it was issued. Naturally, a British Type Approval is acceptable. However, if your vehicle was nationally type-approved in another EU country, it may also be acceptable in Britain under a procedure called Mutual Recognition.
Cars and light vehicles up to 10 years old and not type-approved for the European Union or Great Britain
You have to add VAT when you bring the car into the UK, as well as registration, number plates, and road tax cost. Also, to avoid difficulties, you're advised to arrange for the car to be transported from the port to home, rather than drive it. This is because it's illegal to have a car on the road unless and until it has been registered and licensed in the UK.
Importer Need To Produce
1. Outside the EC C+E 388 as proof of 12-month continuous residence. (No other custom forms will be accepted as a substitute for this).
2. Inside the EC documents such as household bills will be accepted as evidence but they must cover the 12-month period.
Single Vehicle Approval
Your vehicle will have to pass a Single Vehicle Approval (SVA) inspection of its design and construction before it can be registered and licensed. A vehicle that passes will be issued with a Minister's Approval Certificate, which you will need to present to license and register it. (A Department's Approval Certificate issued in Northern Ireland is also valid in Great Britain.) If your vehicle is 3 or more years old it will also have to pass the normal "MoT" roadworthiness test prior to licensing & registration.
Import Information Pack
The DVLA provides all the necessary information and forms required to register an imported vehicle in an 'import pack' which is available on DVLA's form ordering service.
« Back: Useful Resources Top
Agricultural Machinery | Amusement & Games | Auto Spare Parts | Automotive Garage Equipment | Bicycle | Cable | Construction Machinery | Material Handling Equipment | Motorcycle Parts | New or Used Vehicle | Ships & Boats | Tractor Parts & Accessories | Used Bearings | Used Engine Parts | Used Machinery | Used Tyres & Tubes
  Privacy Policy | Terms | Disclaimer | Feedback | Useful Links Copyright © Japan Auto Pages Powered By Eximweb