Latest Japanese Used Vehicle Stock
Send Used Vehicle Enquiry
Used Cars From Japan  |  Japanese Used Car Auctions   |  Used Car Dealers in Japan  |  Used Mini Truck Exporter
.Japanese Used Cars, Mini Trucks, Buses, Parts Exporters Directory
Login | Join Now
Japanese Used Car Exporter Directory
Japanese Manufacturers & Exporters Directory
New & Used Car, Van, 4WD, Bus, Truck, Bike, Tractor, Construction Machinery, Auto Parts and Accessories...
Display Your Vehicle!
Home Company Directory By Category Used Cars Stock Car Inquiry Add Company Contact Us  Blog  Resources
Company Search Advanced Search
Looking For Japanese Used Cars, Parts, Machinery? Click Here !!
HOME » Useful Resources » Spain Import Regulation
  Spain Import Regulation
Importing a Motor Vehicle Into Spain
If you are Spanish resident and importing a vehicle into Spain, be aware that you must register it with the local authorities in the Spanish province where you are resident: the local provincial traffic department (Jefatura Provincial de Tráfico), this will grant you permission to drive your foreign plated car through the Spanish territory.
1. You must have owned your car for at least 6 months prior the import into Spain.
2. You must have paid VAT in your country of origin, otherwise this tax shall be paid in Spain.
3. A special registration tax (impuesto municipal sobre circulación de vehículos) must be paid in Spain. This tax is calculated on the vehicle's current value (based on the original market price in Spain). The imported car that EU residents had owned for at least 6 months in Spain is not subject to this tax.
4. You must obtain a certificate of non-residence from your home country.
Taxes On Importing Vehicle
VAT ( IVA) at 16 per cent on cars imported from outside the EU or on a tax-free car (on which VAT hasn’t previously been paid) imported from an EU country;
a registration tax ( impuesto sobre circulación de vehículos) of 12 per cent (11 per cent in the Canaries) on petrol-engined vehicles with a capacity of over 1,600cc, four-wheel drive vehicles and diesel-engined vehicles over 2,000cc, and of 7 per cent (6 per cent in the Canaries) on vehicles with smaller engines. However, residents coming to live permanently in Spain and importing a car on which they’ve previously paid VAT and which they’ve owned for at least six months are exempt. An application for exemption must be made within a month of the date of issue of your residence permit, and you must present a certificate of non-residence ( certificado de baja de residencia) from the country you’re leaving.
import duty of 10 per cent on vehicles imported from outside the EU unless you’re a resident.
Import Regulations - EU Citizens
Non-residents of Spain resident in another EU country can bring a vehicle registered in another EU country to Spain and can use it (for up to 182 days per year) without paying Spanish taxes. The vehicle must be legal in its country of registration, meaning that it must be inspected (for roadworthiness) as appropriate and taxed there.
« Back: Useful Resources Top
Agricultural Machinery | Amusement & Games | Auto Spare Parts | Automotive Garage Equipment | Bicycle | Cable | Construction Machinery | Material Handling Equipment | Motorcycle Parts | New or Used Vehicle | Ships & Boats | Tractor Parts & Accessories | Used Bearings | Used Engine Parts | Used Machinery | Used Tyres & Tubes
  Privacy Policy | Terms | Disclaimer | Feedback | Useful Links Copyright © Japan Auto Pages Powered By Eximweb